Friday, December 30, 2011

Happy New Year (almost!)

I hope that everyone has had a wonderful Christmas and is looking forward to the New Year!

I have been busy making big messes at my house! I am planning to throw a baby shower for my sister-in-law and am in the crazy-must-get-the-house-ready mode. Yeesh! Since we moved in 9 years ago, we have sort-of finished many, many projects. We redid the kitchen after gutting it, did the floors in the main part of the house, built a deck, and redid the basement. We actually knocked down a wall and finished the living area in the basement. Dear hubby needed a couple years to recover.

Now I am obsessing over the bathroom and the 2 bedrooms. The goal is to have carpet installed and redo the bathroom by February Break. Our bathroom fan broke a few years ago and the ceiling has begun to fall because of the moisture. So...I am planning to put up a bead board ceiling if my dear hubby ever fixes the fan. I have spend way too much time this week trying to refinish a cheap bathroom vanity, but have decided to just spend the money to get a new one and a new sink. Then I need to get a mirror to match!

Oh, and there is the matter of our front door falling a part. Yeah, the moulding actually popped off under the window. I have my eye on a beautiful wood door, but our dog is REALLY tough on the door, so I will probably need to get a vinyl one.

It is funny how you start to notice all of the things that need to be done when you are planning to have people you don't know well come and visit! We started moulding in the main part of the house a couple years ago and never really finished it. We also need to finish the details on the floor. I love doing the projects, but just run out of steam.

Well, I'll see what I can get done in the next 3 days before I head back to work. I'm sure I will be cursing my friend who teaches in my old school and has a full 2 weeks off!

Have a great New Years!

1 comment:

  1. Wow! You'll have to post photos of your finished home!! I'm impressed! I'm your newest follower!
    Rebecca
    Teaching First

    ReplyDelete