Wednesday, February 8, 2012

MIA

I’ve been MIA for a while!  Goodness things have been busy!  I just realized yesterday that report cards are due a week earlier than usual and we need to rewrite our math assessment because of the new CORE curriculum.  We also have February break coming up, so the assessments needed to be created like…yesterday – so everyone could squeeze them in before break! 

Oh, and then there is the TINY personal matter of throwing a baby shower for my SIL.  Not to get into all to gorey details, but thinking that report cards did not go home until the second week of March, I was okay with doing the shower on the 3rd.  However, reports go home on the 7th…what?!?  Oh and then…AND THEN, our venue for the party never called back.  We needed to send the invites out ASAP.  So, I am having 25-30 people in my itty-bitty-so-not-ready-for-company house!  Can you guess what I am doing over break???

We had the 100th day today.  See my amazing pictures of all the great stuff I did???  Yeah, me neither.  Honestly I had one of those days when the kids were working independently so that I could play catch up on all the other things that make our job crazy.  Please tell me I am not the only one who has these days every once in a while!!!  I stapled all the 100 day stuff in a packet and set them loose, with a healthy dose of recess.

Picture my classroom door covered with 100 mini gift bows. 

We did a picture made out of the number 100.  I die cut the numbers and the kids will write a story tomorrow.  I saw this in blog land, but can’t remember where.

We are working on these projects from Finally in First (this picture was on Pinterest, but is from her site):

Finally in First

My new favorite 100th Day activities were found last year at Fabulous in First.  I love The Wolf’s Chicken Stew because it connects but is not specifically about the 100th Day.  Perfect when you have kiddos who might not celebrate holidays.  We did several activities from her packet on TPT. 

Fabulous in First

      

I didn’t do too much today with all of this.  Yesterday I spent the day with grade level reps k-5 writing and aligning and creating writing graphic organizers.  It was a great day, but my brain is like mush.  I even had to reschedule a planning meeting that I had this morning.  I was running late and the other teacher showed up and I seriously think I uttered “You’ve got to be kidding me.” I was out yesterday and show up for 100th Day today – there was no way we were planning anything this morning.  I really wanted to say my job is having meetings and I teach on the side!  Where is my secretary?!?

On another note, I would also love some ideas from anyone out there who wishes to share.  I kind-of volunteered to do a workshop on “hands-on grammar” and would love some ideas on how you teach grammar in a hands-on way.  Any ideas?

Have a great one!

No comments:

Post a Comment