Saturday, February 23, 2013

Ahh! I’ve Been on Break!

I’m in my last hours of Winter Break right now and it can’t come at a better time!  In a new grade level, I always feel like I need a stretch of time to plan for the next chunk of time before a break.  I also know that I am planning on taking a class in May and June that is 2 days a week and time will be at a premium.  (Am I crazy?!?) We also have report cards going home in 2 1/2 weeks – yikes! I just calculated that and am a bit scared now!

I am working on planning for 3 subjects:

  • Social Studies: Polar Regions/The Inuit
  • Reading: Character Traits
  • Math: Fractions and Geometry

I can’t say that I’ve done a whole lot of planning, but maybe tomorrow Winking smile I’m not procrastinating or anything!

On to very important matters!!! I have had a few teacher and spring fashion hauls this week.  Here’s what I scored:

Old Navy

Women's Button-Front Stretch Cardis

I have been obsessed with the scarf and found it was on sale.  In person, it just doesn’t look as nice.  I think it is a bit to flashy for me and I will probably return it.

Maurice's

Ruffle Front Polka Dot Tank Dress - maurices.com

Filigree Drop Earrings - maurices.com

I LOVE the dressy jeans from Maurice's.  Overall, I have a love/hate relationship with the store.  Sometimes I feel a bit old when I walk in.  Lately, it has been a flashback to the 80s and I did that era once.  I also struggle with the sizes and fits.  I am planning to return the dress and the cowl neck sweater.  The dresses usually have a high waist and I feel like it’s a bit too young looking and just doesn’t look right on my petite frame.  The cowl neck sweater just bugged me.

The Bath and Body Works

Coconut Leaves 1.3 oz. Mini Candle - Slatkin & Co. - Bath & Body WorksWhite Barn Renew & Refresh 1.3 oz. Mini Candle - Slatkin & Co. - Bath & Body WorksHoneysuckle 1.3 oz. Mini Candle - Slatkin & Co. - Bath & Body WorksLilac Blossom 1.3 oz. Mini Candle - Slatkin & Co. - Bath & Body Works

I am liking their candles!  They are a bit more modern than Yankee Candle and the scents are nice.

 

Dollar General

P2190274P2190273

 

Yes, you read that right, the Dollar General.  Where I live, other than a CVS and local grocery store, DG s the only other store.  I find a lot of good things there and their store versions of food and beauty products are virtually identical!  I have found a few cute clothing items!  The tunics/dresses/bathing suit cover ups are bright and summery.  They can be worn as a summer dress or as tunics over skinnies or leggings.  I think I might wear them with leggings, boots and a cardi when I need a pop of spring.  They would be cute with flats too.  The peasant tops are cut nicely.  They are a little thin, but would be great with a cami or layered.  Best thing – $12 a piece!  I really think it is not where you buy something, but what you choose for your shape and how you style it.

I did get some school things too!

P2190271P2190272

They had some cure foam stickers and stamps.  The stickers are princess themed, ocean themed, and kids.  The stamps are ocean and zoo animals.  I also found some cute animal calendars for 1/2 off!  What would I use them for you ask???  Writing centers.  They make great picture prompts. Actually, the stickers and stamps are for writing prompts too.  I find with a little gimmick where the kids can greater pictures or use items makes the writing center fun and productive.

Plus, they match perfectly with a product I started creating a while ago!  I have always used these items in my centers, but only recently got together the charts and papers to create a cohesive pack.  I made it look all pretty and am going to put it in my TpT store – hopefully tomorrow!

I have to say that I am going to try really hard to limit the amount I talk about TpT.  While I would like my store to be successful, I don’t want my blog to be all about advertising and linking to my store.  I promise to only announce new items I create or link items as they are relevant.  I know this is against selling 101, but I am just not a salesperson and I know I don’t follow blogs that are all about selling. 

Have a great remainder of the weekend and hopefully I’ll be back soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment