Sunday, October 12, 2014

Hello October (and New Products)!

Wow!  Where have the weeks gone?  I know that it has been over a month since I last posted, but I have been one busy chick!  The new-ish grade level is kicking my butt and I have so much to say/share, but can’t seem to focus on one idea long enough to write a post. 

I’m back to teaching third grade this year!  I love third grade, but the beginning of the year curriculum is the pits, particularly when you are using a canned curriculum. I am so excited that we are finally getting past the ho-hum stuff and getting into some super fun content!  Sadly, this is just as my student teacher is leaving! 

It has been great having an extra hand and I love getting new ideas from a student teacher, but I have never had one at the very beginning of the year. I never realized how hard it was to have the beginning of the year under a bit of a microscope.  Admittedly, I have not been at my best. Moving a classroom and grade level is always discombobulating.  I am also part of a co-teaching format with a special education teacher completely new to the grade level and a brand new teacher.  It has been tricky to compromise so that we can work together, but also set up things the way I know works for me.  I am my own harshest critic, but I feel like the beginning of the year was bumpy.  As much as I have loved my student teacher, I am looking forward to the opportunity to “reset” the class next week now that we have a set schedule (hopefully) and we are finally beginning interesting units.

I have been creating like mad to match the curriculum and make the boring stuff a bit more fun, but putting the items in final form is taking me sooooo much longer than I expected.  Here are 2 new products I have added to my store:

1. Rounding Round-Up Bump Games

 

Rounding Round-Up Bump Games

image[15]

2. Rounding Task Cards and SCOOT Game

Rounding Task Cards and SCOOT Games

 

image[16]

These are super fun takes on classic games!  Once they are created, keep them in your collection for review throughout the year and as a ready-made center when you need it!  Thank you to everyone who has supported my store!  I any VERY close to meeting my personal goal this year and am so thankful that I can support other teachers while also supporting my return to college!

I hope that you are off to a wonderful month and enjoying fall!

1 comment: