Monday, March 9, 2015

Money Saving Monday

Hello folks! I used to do a feature called “Money Saving Mondays” and, since I have not been posting regularly, it kind of fell through the cracks.  I thought I would resurrect it because it is always nice to keep a little more in our pockets!

Today I wanted to talk about classroom supplies.  You know, all those things you have to run out and pick up so you can pull off the perfect lesson or supplement an activity.  For the last few years, I have been keeping a page of labels in my planning binder.  Whenever I think of something that I need to run out and buy, I write it on a label.  In the fall I put the labels on cute little papers or die cuts for parents to pick up at Meet and Greet, Open House, Conferences, etc.  This saves tons of time and lets parents help out when and where they are able to. 

Image result for mailing labels

Here are some of the things I ask for:

  • large, plain paper plates
  • small, plain paper plates
  • paper towels (the real ones!)
  • cleaning wipes
  • scotch tape
  • lined paper
  • reuse-it hooks – best invention ever!
  • roll of packing tape
  • tissue paper

The response has been amazing!  And the nice part is that it takes so little time and is ready for the next year!

What else would you add to the list?

No comments:

Post a Comment