Saturday, March 24, 2012

Grammar, Grammar, Grammar

I am planning a workshop for next week!  It has been so long since I have put one together, so I am stressing.  It is called: Hands On Grammar!  The idea is to take the ne CORE curriculum and look at developmentally appropriate application in the classroom.  This workshop is quickly blooming into a much bigger task that I expected.  I just keep reminding myself that I don’t need to be comprehensive in 1 hour!

I wanted to share some great resources that I have found.

I am working on making magnetic words for kids to create sentences using label stickers and those advertising magnets.  Never throw them away!  They come in so handy!  I will post when I finish.  In the mean time I found a great site for online magnetic poetry called: Magnetic Poetry  (I know, you didn’t see that one coming!).  It has a kids section featuring two different levels.  What a fun way to talk about parts of speech and sentence construction. You could buy a kit, but free is always better!

      image

I also wanted to share the idea of foldables during my class. There are great examples of grammar foldables on Pinterest.  In mu search, I found this great resources with instructions for 10 different foldables.  Check it out!

I was going to share resources for MadLib – they are great for targeting specific parts of speech and having students generate words.  Here are some great sites!

http://www.eduplace.com/tales/

http://www.funbrain.com/brain/ReadingBrain/ReadingBrain.html

http://www.weeklyreader.com/kids/games/madlib.aspx

http://www.classroomjr.com/category/worksheets/printable-mad-libs/

I have been working on some fun resources that I will share soon!  I just wanted to share a few things I have planned and give away a freebie! Click on the image to grab it for yourself!

image

Have a wonderful weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for all the great resources, Christine!
    Good luck with your workshop. You're very brave :)

    Barbara
    Grade ONEderful

    ReplyDelete