Monday, April 2, 2012

Happy Monday! and Randomness

Whew!  What a weekend!  I am not sure if I have mentioned it before, but I was accepted to the Ed.D. program at a local university!  I am beginning part time coursework this fall in Teaching and Curriculum.  We had a lovely reception this weekend and I was able to connect with my advisor (who I already know, fortunately) and meet a couple other students.  Social gatherings are tough for me, but this one turned out to be great! I met one other person who is in a similar program and is beginning coursework at the same time.  I think we will be great supports for each other.  Even though I am really nervous, this decision has truly energized me and I can’t wait to begin!

On another note, I spent all last weekend prepping for my staff development course and I found out Monday morning it was cancelled!  Ugh!  A few participants cancelled at the last minute and it booted the class.  I guess on the bright side, I have lots of new materials to share and to use in my classroom.  Now I just need to get my act together and take some pictures!

I also have a student teacher working with me for the next couple weeks.  It has been great to take a step back and observe my kiddos and to breath a little this year.  Sometimes it can be difficult to see progress when you are in the middle of it all! I truly enjoy having up and coming teachers join my classroom!

Check out this great resource!  It is called ABCYa.com

I have been using the interactive hundreds chart for a long time, but never really investigated the rest of the site.  There are tons of games for each grade level in math, reading, and general games.  The Magnetic Refrigerator is so much fun!  Check it out!
    

I hope that you have a wonderful week!

2 comments:

  1. Good luck on your Ed.D.! My firsties and I looooove abcya!

    Crystal
    Strive to Sparkle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats with your acceptance into the Ed.D.! Is that a graduate degree?

    ❀Barbara❀
    Grade ONEderful

    ReplyDelete