Friday, June 8, 2012

Catching Up!

So, if you’re reading, you know I have changed my blog name and address for my new beginning in third grade.  I have 8 days of school with kiddos left and then 2 teacher days.  Knock on wood, I have actually finished all but 1 of my assessments for the end of the year.  There are like 14 per kiddo and that’s not even counting the fact that the math is actually 4 separate parts – you get what I mean.  I have a bunch of filing done and most of my data ready to go to the office.  How did this happen?  I am always cranking things out at the last minute and discovering I have things missing after school has let out.  Maybe stress is good for me!  LOL!!!  I have been planning a 50th wedding anniversary party for my in laws and a 15 year class reunion, along with moving my classroom, switching grade levels, and getting ready to return to college this fall.  Am I crazy or what?  I seem to work well under pressure! Hopefully, once school lets out, I can finish up my technology posts.  I just don’t have  that kind of time right now!

I’m linking up with Farley at Oh’ Boy Fourth Grade for June’s currently.

image

Did you hear about the Daily 5 book study???  Actually, there are 3 of them!  I am beyond excited to see this is happening!  I have used D5 for 4 years and CAFÉ for 3 1/2.  Not so much this year, unfortunately.  I am excited to look at this system with the eyes of a first grade teacher rather than a first grade teacher.  I am anxious to begin thinking about how it is going to look in my classroom!

 We Read, We Blog, We Teach is hosting an upper grade Daily 5 book study

We Read, We Blog, We Teach      

Tammy at Live, Love, Laugh Everyday in Kindergarten is hosting a Daily 5 book study.  Check out her blog for details.

Live Love Laugh    

Primary Inspired is hosting a Guided Math book study.

Primary Inspired    

Dee Dee at Mrs. Wills Kindergarten is hosting one on In Pictures and in Words. I was so bummed to miss out on seeing Katie Wood Ray when she was in my area this year.  I was all set to go, and then had an important meeting crop up Sad smile.

Author Kate Messner is hosting “Teachers Write!” A Virtual Summer Writing Camp for Teachers & Librarians.  It looks like a great challenge!  A few years ago I participated in the local chapter of the National Writing Project and it was amazing!  We spend the summer learning about writing, writing, teaching, and working with amazing people. If you are interested, I would really suggest seeing if there is a chapter in your area.  

I can’t wait to get started with some of this reading. I just need to get through the next two weeks first!

Anyway, just thought I would pop in and share a bit of what has been swirling around my brain!

No comments:

Post a Comment