I thought I would post a few tips that have made my holiday life easier at school. It seems that I needed to remind myself of some of these things I used to do this year.
1. Party Supplies – I used to have a copy paper box that I stored in my cupboards with party materials in it. It saved on those days when a parent forgot to send plates or cups in. I also buy juice when it is on sale and have a couple containers on hand – pretzels are handy too. I buy a couple table clothes to have on hand for parties. Usually an orange one works for fall and spring, and a white or red for the other holidays.
2. Party Decorations – I had another copy box with holiday decorations. We don’t do much with holidays any more, but hearts for Valentine’s and snowmen for winter are still nice to display.
3. I usually keep an apple cutter, a knife, and tongs in the room. They come in handy for cutting and handling food. I also like to keep a couple trays from the Dollar Store and a couple baskets to put food in.
4. Notecards – last year I bought a set of 100 generic notecards at TJ Max. They are so handy fir jotting a quick note or a thank you note. I try to get my thank yous done as soon as a I get the gifts. I am not fond of writing thank you notes and the extra time it takes on break to write and mail them is something I try to avoid.
5. Anchor Packet – I always have a packet of activities copied and ready to go. On party days, I always feel like we have odd pockets of time and it is nice to always have a back up – especially if parents are in. It makes things a little more controlled.
What do you do to prepare for parties?