Saturday, March 30, 2013

Say It Isn’t So!

Ugh!  Has everyone heard that Google Reader is closing down in July?  What?!?  I thought it was awesome that everything I needed was somehow connected to my Google Account.  It made everything soooo easy to keep track of.  Now they are closing down Reader.  I can’t believe the company thinks that will be beneficial! I actually started using Google because of Reader. 

I have been trying out two other services.

BlogLovin has a similar format and you can easily import your Google Reader connections.  The site automatically accesses and organizes what you already have.  So far, I am liking this site lot.  The learning curve is much smaller – which is good when there are so many other things to do!

The other site I started with was Netvibes.  This site has more viewing options than Google Reader and BlogLovin.  You can set it up to look more like an iPad, with tiles.  I found it a bit more challenging to navigate, but it does the job.

What are you switching to when Google Reader shuts down?

No comments:

Post a Comment