Friday, March 22, 2013

Two Truths and a Lie

I linked up with Latoya's fun new linky, Let's Get Acquainted!

Can you guess which one was the lie?!?

1. I have moved my classroom 3 times in my career.

2. I own at least 50 pairs of shoes.

3. I have had a variety of pets including a cow, turkeys, and donkeys.

Here are the facts:

1. I have NOT moved my room 3 times – I have actually moved my room 7 times in 12 years.  Sadly, it looks like I will be moving again at the end of the year.  I HATE moving my classroom and will do a serious purge before I move again.  It’s getting old people!

2. I do own over 50 pairs of shoes.  I had a student challenge me to wear a different pair every day of school for the last 6 weeks last year, and I did it!  I have tried really hard to par down to what I really do wear – and that is the goal of my entire wardrobe!

3. I have had a menagerie of pets!  I grew up on a farm and married a dairy farmer.  I had a cow named Trudy Bell when I was growing up.  We also had two turkeys – Tom and Bertha – that lived in the same pasture as our horses and my cow.  They were constantly diving at people and cars that would visit! My horse’s name was Brandy.  We had many, many dogs and cats over the years.  I even had a pet woodchuck…yes, I said woodchuck.  His name was…wait for it…Woody!

On the farm we have ducks, chickens, turkeys, cows, cats, dogs, lambs, goats, and three donkeys – including Eve who was born on Christmas Eve. Sadly, she died earlier this year from unknown causes.

Oh, and I have a turtle named Dude who lives with me, my husband, our dog Bear and our cats Murphy and Mazey. I have never had a normal pet like a gerbil of hamster!

So, did you guess correctly?

No comments:

Post a Comment