When I was student teaching, one of my cooperating teachers had a business board where all of the information for the day was contained. It gives a central location to contain a calendar, the date, lunch menu, class jobs, and so on. I tried to do without it for a few years and always found myself recreating it keep my sanity.
I printed out a small banner to put at the top, proclaiming it as the "Business Board". This is really helpful for substitutes too - one place for everything. Here is what is on my board:
1. White board where I write the code date for students to add to their papers and journal
3. Basket held on the board with push pins to hold writing implements
4. VIP ring - I only have one person who is the daily helper for everything. If he/she needs a helper, he/she picks one. I could never keep up with changing and tracking all of the weekly jobs!
5. Schedule with the days special classes, support staff schedule, classroom teaming, and any other things I need to remember on our ABCDE day schedule
6. Behavior strategies sheet - for those impromptu mini-lessons
7. Lunch menu
For now, this is what I have up and it has worked SO well! I couldn't survive the day without my Business Board!