Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Teacher Talk Tuesday

This week is Teacher Week 2011!!!

TeacherWeek

Join in the fun by clicking below and hopping over!

image

Today is Teacher Talk Tuesday. The assignment is to give new teachers advice about teaching. I have worked in 4 districts, so I have been a new teacher a few times! (I just saw a commercial about a t.v. show on the 10th anniversary of 9/11 and it hit me that 9/11 occurred on the 2nd week of my first year teaching – what a way to start! I plan to post about my experience later.)

As for the new teacher advice, I did a post for a linky party a while ago, so click below to check out my advice.

Advice for New Teachers Linky Party

Classroom update: I spent 6 hours in my classroom today! Can you believe that I pretty much worked on bulletin boards the whole time?!? I REALLY dislike bulletin boards!!! I have a huge board running the length of the back of my room above a counter that also runs the back of the room. I am trying to make better use of the space this year, but when all was said and done, it just looked cluttered. I may just need to live with it for a while. I realized 3 important things while working today:

1. You need a lot of balance and grace when you are walking all over your counters to work on boards.

2. I really need to take a level - when I backed up nothing was ever straight.

3. A stapler will bounce when it falls off the counter onto the carpet. Watch out! I am hoping I didn’t break a bone in my foot.

I actually went in with a plan today. I had printed a bunch of banners to top my boards and a list of things I wanted to do. I was really hoping to not go back tomorrow, but it looks like there will be a day 5 after all! Shouldn’t this get easier after a while?!? Maybe I should just not change everything every year!

No comments:

Post a Comment