Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Where it All Goes Down Wednesday

This week is Teacher Week 2011!!!

TeacherWeek

Join in the fun by clicking below and hopping over!

image

Today is Where it All Goes Down Wednesday. I had really hoped to have pictures to show and have been working on my room all week – actually I have worked for 6 days.  (Teachers go back next week and the kids begin the following week.)  Sadly, I’m just not feeling like my room is ready.   I had hoped to be done by now! I actually spent one full day just moving large furniture around because it was all in a pile inside the door. I changed some things around and have been agonizing about the flow and where things are going to go.  In a word, I am stressed. 

I needed filing cabinets, but have very little full wall space, so adding 2 tall cabinets has been a process.  I also have a paraprofessional joining my class this year, and a student teacher in October.  I literally have no space for other people. To top it all off, I had these great visions for my bulletin boards, and after 3+ hours of work, they did not turn out as I had planned.  I don’t have space for book boxes and I have still not solved to problem of not having a cubby space for each kiddos things.

I am frustrated at having spent this much time and feeling like I am just hitting my head against the wall.  I had sincerely hoped that I would have it down this year and be done in a couple days.  Instead, I again feel like I am starting from scratch.

Sorry for the bummer of a post.  I hope that I can get something worthwhile done tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment