Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Problem and Solution

(I can never think of clever titles!)

I have been teaching character, setting, problem, and solution to my students and saw that Mrs. Lemons from Step Into 2nd Grade had posted about a great puzzle she had made with her kids.  I found it on Pinterest – love what I find on there!

image           image

I was struck with inspiration this afternoon while I should have been eating lunch, but was actually thinking about what I was going to do that afternoon.  I made a quick sheet by hand, ran a copy and used it with a picture book to reinforce problem and solution.

I read Apple Trouble by Ragnhild Scamell and we made the puzzles.  The kids loved it and it was a little artsy-craftsy. It also makes a cute display.

image

I made a pretty version for next time.  I might put it in a center. Click below for a copy.

image

2 comments:

  1. I like your idea, Christine. Simple yet effective. Thanks.

    ❀Barbara❀
    Grade ONEderful

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute puzzle idea. I am your newest follower! :-)
    ~Meghan

    ReplyDelete