First, I have a blogging question! I switched over my blog to a new address and everything that goes along with it to Leaping into Third, but the posts still come up as written by Hopping into First Grade. How do I fix that? I am still getting emails to my old email address and it is not even on the blog any more. I'm confused... Can you help?
1. I am a quilter! I started quilting when a friend dragged me into it kicking and screaming. It has since become very relaxing and I love making baby quilts. My job really gets in the way of my sewing. Sadly, I haven’t worked on a single quilt this summer.
2. I collect frogs (in my classroom). I started to collect frogs to avoid getting all of the teacher themed gifts. I thought that, if I was going to get generic gifts, at least it would be fun to display frogs. It has been fun and I have a few really cute pieces. On the other hand, I really dislike the frog around my pond. I walk down there and end up screaming because they jump into the pond.
3. I will celebrate my 10th anniversary this October. I was crazy to get married during the school year. I met my husband at 19, was engaged at 20, and got married at 23. My hubby proposed on Christmas morning and had me open my ring by wrapping it in several larger boxes so that outside box was a very large shoe box. Each layer had a gift. Gosh, I look so young in this picture!
4. I am obsessed with books and reading. I have hundreds of books at home and on my kindle. I have thousands in my classroom. I read everything from teenage vampire and fae novels to dystopian novels, to historical romance, to amish (yes, amish) fiction. Lately I have thrown in a few memoires too.
5. I LOVE coffee. I like plain old coffee with cream and sugar. Lately I am less for the sugar – my tastes are changing. I occasionally like blueberry flavored coffee.
6. My husband and I have a dog named bear (I wanted to name him Moose) who is more like our child. He was dropped off at our house as a puppy and has the most beautiful eyes.
7. I grew up on a grain farm and married a dairy farmer. Hubby’s hours make it easy to spend way too much time at school. I just recently held myself to leaving school by 5:00 instead of the 7 or 8 I used to do.
8. I can cook just about anything, except steak. I usually don’t use recipes, just go on instinct. Sometimes I like to research cookbooks for combinations of ingredients and proportions, but by-in-large, I make it up as I go along.
9. I own over 50 pairs of shoes! (Maybe more…) I had a student challenge me to wear a different pair every day for the last 2 months of school and I believe I was successful. High heels, wedges, flats, you name it. I only have 1 pair of sneakers and I really don’t like or wear them. I only bought them for outdoor field trips. Disclaimer: this is not my shoe closet…but I really wish it was!
10. I LOVE to shop in thrift stores and 90% of my wardrobe is second hand. You can find anything at Goodwill! It saves from the landfills and helps others.
11. I can my own jam, salsa and pickles (when it isn’t so darn hot!). I make a sweet salsa and love to can pear ginger jam.
12. I am obsessed with junk food and have horrible eating habits. I eat what I want when I want and know it will catch up with me some day. I really like Mediterranean food. I am known to go to craft shows, festivals, and other types of gatherings and leave with only food. I am trying really hard to eat three regular meals and add protein to my diet.
13. I do not exercise. I mean it. Never. I know I should for better muscle tone and energy. But, I have so many other things I would rather do. I tried yoga for a day or 2. Teaching is my exercise. I do walk a lot though – like I’ll park the car in the middle of a plaza and walk everywhere. I’m good with that.
14. I have never played a sport. I used to be obsessed with watching tennis, but am so hopelessly uncoordinated that I avoid any sports at all costs. Now that Andre Agassi is retired, I don’t watch tennis too often.
Well, that’s a bit about me that most of you didn’t know! Stay tuned for my 3rd post about my teacher story tomorrow!