Sunday, July 1, 2012

What Are You Reading? Linky

So what books are you reading just for fun?  I love hearing about great new books and wanted to have a linky party so that everyone can share!

Here’s what I’m reading:

 
Divergent is to feed my Hunger Games kick.  It similar, but I’m a bit bored with it.  It is about a society where teens pick factions to belong to and each faction exhibits particular characteristics that the group believes will prevent war and conflict.  The premise doesn’t really work for me and it took me a bit to realize that I can’t actually picture the setting of the book, nor can I get into the main character.  I’m not sure if I will finish it.


This book feeds my Twilight  taste.  It is about a teenage girl who is sent to a school for kids who have committed crimes, due to a situation she found herself in. She meets a boy whom she is drawn to and feels she has known in the past.  This one is pretty good.  There are parts that drag, but the overall story is interesting and keeps you wondering what is really happening.  The supporting characters are quirky and interesting.

Dragonfly in Amber (Outlander, #2)

Oh, oh, oh!  Love this series!  (It is one of the few books I am reading right now that are not young adult – which I often find to be better written and more interesting.) I think there are 8 books and they are each like 1000 pages long!  I read the first last summer and began the second and am now just coming back to it.  The history is fantastically interesting and the plot is fantastic.  Sometimes the length can frustrates me, as well as the needs to really think about specific things that have happened to make sense of events.

These are the books in my “to be read” pile!

Rooftops of Tehran     City of Bones (The Mortal Instruments, #1)     Touch of Frost (Mythos Acad...     The Maze Runner (Maze Runner, #1)The Secret Lives of Dresses     Pandemonium (Delirium, #2)     Entwined


So, what are you reading?

2 comments:

  1. Haven't read any of these! Thanks for sharing.

    Megan I Teach. What's Your Super Power?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tried to feed my Hunger Games craving with a book called "Matched" and it just didn't cut it for me...I think I will have to realize Hunger Games was just the best dystopian fiction book so far :)

    If you decide not to finish that book and still need a fix check out the book The Uglies by Scott Westerfield...sooooo good!!

    HootHootHooray

    ReplyDelete