Friday, May 3, 2013

May Currently

Linking up with Farley for her May Currently!

image

Sorry for the wonky-ness of the typing.  I do not have PowerPoint on my personal computer and the Open Office version is to annoying to deal with, so it is what it is Smile.

Listening – I love the Travel Channel!

Loving – Somehow we went from the endless winter to summer in a heartbeat here in NY.  The sun is shining, the birds are singing and I would swear it was the middle of June.  That’s good an bad!  Love the weather, but dislike that it is only the beginning of May AND I have lots of work to do for college – can you tell I am procrastinating ?!?

Thinking – Yeah, I need to get off the blog and work on my paper.  My excuse is that I can only think about it for so long before developing and writing about my theory of a specific community just exhausts my poor little brain! Plus ,I get distracted soooo easily!

Wanting – Did you know that Starbucks made Cake Pops???  I had a wonderful mother bring me two and a gift certificate for Teacher Appreciation Week and oh my, were the cake pops yummy!  The salted caramel was seriously the best thing I have had in a long time.  If I didn’t have a 10+ mile drive to a Starbucks, I would be there now – instead of working on my paper!

Needing – Yep!

Summer Bucket List – Short list off the top of my head.  I can’t wait to read and read and read!  I need to chill out and just relax on the back deck – with the books.

I forgot that I also want to work on the house.  We are planning to build a new deck on the front of our house and I want to do some landscaping.  We also have a bunch of little fix-it projects to do in the house.  We are reaching that point where we have lived here long enough to be redoing the things we did when we moved in. 

I also hope to survive my summer course in Quantitative Research Methods.  I am finding I am more of Qualitative person and the thought of computer generated statistics and all the new vocabulary has me breaking out in hives.  I am just glad I am taking it during the summer.  I think it would push me over the edge if I was working too!

I can’t wait for summer, though!

Check out the May currently over at Farley’s!

2 comments:

  1. I found your blog from the Linky party...I see you too are a fellow procrastinator...I should Master in that!
    Good luck!
    Relaxation is a state of mind, good luck finding it!
    ~Natalie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also found your blog from the Linky party! It looks like you did great with the Currently! I had the darndest time figuring it out ha-I am a new blogger :) The Help is a great book-you will really enjoy reading! I can't wait to do the same this summer!

    ReplyDelete