Friday, May 24, 2013

Summer Book Studies

OOOH!  I see a few book study ideas/plans popping up in blog land.  I have loved doing the book studies the past few years.

Third Grade Tidbits and Rowdy in First Grade are going to be hosting a summer book study on the book Teach Like a Pirate. This look slike a fun book about teaching in general.


We Read, We Blog, We Teach is going to host The Book Whisperer. I read that one last year.

Thinking About Teaching and Primarily Inspired are hosting a book study on Building Mathematical Comprehension by Laney Sammons. 

I am planning to read:


images

I always feel like I need to brush up on guided reading.  Now that I am shifting from third to second, I know I will need to adjust my plans and expectations.  It helps to keep the focus in mind each year.

I also want to think about how to arrange my room.  My new room will have the same layout, but I know there are things that worked well and things that didn’t this year.



Anyone interested in teaming up on either book to host a book study? Comment below or send an email to: leapingintoteaching@gmail.com if you are interesting in hosting a bloggy book study together!

No comments:

Post a Comment