Lorraine from Fabulous 4th Grade Froggies is having a linky party to look back at the first 12 post of 2012 and reflecting on them.
- Randomness and Giveaways! – Haha! complaining about going back to school after the break. I guess nothing changes! I did do come work before going back last year. I WILL NOT feel guilty about that!
- Clutter! – I joined the Clutter-Free Classroom Project. Well, that was a giant fail considering I packed my whole classroom. It did help reduce the things I packed. I think I need to go through that again because the number of things in my little classroom keeps growing!
- Blog Updates! – Oh! I had made some updates to my blog! I think it is time again. I like to overall look, but want to redo my button.
- Leibster Award Love! – Ahh! An award. I love them because it means someone is still reading. But, goodness they take forever to follow up on. Sad to say, the awards thing just wore me out last year. I stopped following up after a while.
- Go-To Books Linky Party – This was a great linky party I t really helped me to think about what books influenced my teaching and I found some that I wanted to reread.
- Thank You! – Another award.
- A Few Random Things – I shared some organizational tips and a Valentine’s printable. I still use the math organization and it is a blessing with the departmentalization of math this year. It helps everything stay speedy!
- Pinterest Tips – I loved this post! I use the search function to look up pins from my favorite blogs all the time. The printing of your board is also really helpful! I need to try that again!
- Clutter-Free Classroom Project…and Other Stuff – Again, the Clutter-Free project. They were good rules. Maybe I need to take a look at them again.
- Currently Linky Party – Hmm! This currently was during a really busy time! I was planning a baby shower, negotiating to switch grades, and applying to go back to college. What was I thinking! I always look back and think that, if things were that crazy then, I have no reason to complain now! Oh, I forgot about the 50th anniversary party and defunct reunion I was planning too…
- My Rules for Purging – Clutter-Free Project
- Organizing Centers – Hmm! I wonder how I should start to organize my centers now? After all, it took my five years to get them down in first grade!
- Wow! – haha! I topped 100 followers! I’ve been holding around the same number for a long time. I try not to focus on that.
- New Toy! – The file bag! I just pulled that out again.. Great tool – need to use it more consistently!
This was a fun linky party! I actually listed 14 posts because that’s how many I had in January last year. Check out any of the old posts if they interest you!
I also make a quick freebie. We have departmentalized math classes and this is a huge adjustment to me. I have been having a tough time tracking everything when 3/4 of the class is from another homeroom. At any rate, I am not too much of a stickler for homework - only if I notice that it never gets done. I am stepping up my game and created an "Oops Slip." Believe it or not, my teachers in elementary school used these to remind us to bring our homework back. After 3 slips, we lost recess or had to have our parents sign the slip. If it is something you can use, feel free to print.