Sunday, January 27, 2013

Multiplication Raps!

I think I may have found a way to help my students learn their multiplication tables AND have some fun! For some reason, it has been really tricky to develop fact fluency and I have tried so many ideas.  I found a great YouTube Channel that has raps for each of the tables. So, every day my students come into the room (we have leveled math groups and all of the students switch classrooms for math) we listen/watch one of the videos. They are from Kiboomu and have three stages:

  1. Chanting each fact in the table with the answer.
  2. Chanting each fact in the table without the answer.
  3. Mixing up the facts without the answer – so the students have to respond.

They have many more educational videos too! Check out the station!

image

My kiddos are loving this and it gets them moving and thinking first thing in the morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment