Sunday, October 30, 2011

Whew!

Where is the time going?!? I can’t believe it is almost November already.  The busy season is coming up for me.  We have parent teacher conferences in less than 2 weeks!  I‘m so not ready!  Our building held off on starting guided reading until October this year and I am feeling like I don’t really know my kids or their reading because I started groups with them a few weeks later than usual. I haven’t started spelling yet and have not sent home sight word rings.  I have the assessments complete, but that’s about it. 

I have so many things I want to blog about, but there just hasn’t been time.  I am also battling some pain in my wrists and forearms – I think I have spent too much time on the computer and am hoping I am not getting carpel  tunnel!  I’m trying to let my wrists and arms heal a little.

I am excited to be organizing a local book group around the The Daily Café!

image

This group was formed through my local branch of the International Reading Association.  There are several books being studied and I chose this one. I have read it a couple times, but have not worked with other teachers.  I guess I have ended up being the facilitator by default – not that I mind.  So, I thought I could put things up on here as I go.  I am excited and will post when we get things going.

I’m off to let me wrists and arms heal a bit.  Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment