Thursday, July 14, 2011

Back to School Shopping

Whew! This blogging thing is hard work! I haven't typed so much since college and I still haven't put too many posts on here. My wrists are actually sore from working on the computer! I have been doing some teacher coaching with the local section of the National Writing Project and pondering the thought of going back to school...still pondering that thought. Not sure if I can handle working full time and going back for a post-grad degree at the same time!

I have also been indulging in retail therapy - some classroom items, but lots of clothes too. I am a HUGE thrift store shopper and have bought way, way too much this summer. I actually need to buy some new hangers (and redesign my closet, but that is another story)! When I have been driving into the city to meet with the NWP group, I pass a great suburb with tons of thrift stores and other awesome stores that I don't visit too often because they are 45 minutes away from my house. My trips to the city are a great excuse to shop on the way home!
I found some great classroom things at Target - of course! I found little, 2 line white boards, mini-dry erase markers (someone else posted about the mini-erasers, but I never saw them at my store). I picked up a 8 little pocket charts. I needed more blue ones, but I am not sure what I will use them all for. I bought some bookmarks for our "Meet the Teacher" Open House prize, strategically placed on the playground, and a math center. I also bought a set of flair markers in all different colors and multi-color pencils. The flairs markers are a new addiction that I got because of reading how great they were on blogs - you guys are right, they are the best. The multi-color pencils are used for spelling practice. It's the little things, you know.
I found the shirts, purse, pants (light blue in the last pic.) and 3 pairs of shorts at at Goodwill, and the shoes at Burlington Coat Factory - never knew they had such great deals on shoes. I am trying very hard to resist a return trip! Shoes are actually a huge addiction for me! I am on the look out for a pair of flats in turquoise and orange, maybe even yellow.

Since then, I have picked up a few more clothing items under the excuse that I am shopping for school clothes, and since they are either from thrift stores or on clearance, I am getting a great deal! That works, right?!?

I have been checking out some fellow teachers' Pinterest boards and see many of us have clothing sections, so I thought I would share a few of my finds. I hope to write a bit more about school, but to be honest, I am a bit tapped out and just want to work on the house and sew for a while. I am working on a Dr. Seuss quilt for the large wall in my classroom! I hope to pop back with more soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment